Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox and PS3 Gaming Community for adults 21 and over

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SRT Speed Racer
Admin
Admin
SRT Speed Racer

Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23   Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 Moon_610

New zombie-themed add-on confirmed for release on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC this fall; publisher says Treyarch shooter has surpassed Modern Warfare 2 with 25 million copies sold.

Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops is still going strong, but that's not stopping the publisher from trying to breathe new life into the Cold War-era shooter. In announcing its financial results today, Activision said it expects that the Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection content pack will go live for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions of the game sometime before September 30.

While Activision referred to the DLC as "Resurrection" in its financial report, the publisher's social media manager, Dan Amrich, is calling it the "Rezurrection" pack. As for the content, the $15 add-on drops on August 23 on Xbox Live and includes five levels for the game's Zombie mode as well as a 20-song Zombies soundtrack and a Moon Xbox 360 theme.

The first four maps (Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, Shi No Numa, and Der Riese) are remakes of the environments from Call of Duty: World at War, the game that first introduced zombies. The fifth map--Moon--is entirely new and takes place in outer space, on the moon.

The four upgraded World at War maps won't be new to all gamers. These maps were included with the Hardened and Prestige iterations of Call of Duty: Black Ops. Owners of these top-tier editions can download the Rezurrection pack for free on August 23 to get the Moon map, soundtrack, and theme.

The publisher also elaborated further on the series. According to the publisher, Black Ops was the best-selling title in the US and Europe for the first six months of 2011, with players logging a cumulative 2.2 billion hours of online action in the game.

In a postearnings conference call, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg said the company had already sold more than 14 million add-on packs for Black Ops. He also compared the game to microtransaction-driven titles on Facebook, saying Call of Duty sees more daily unique players and has higher average revenues per player than any title on the social network.

Hirshberg also updated the lifetime-to-date sales for Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2. Black Ops has now sold 25 million copies since its November debut last year, surpassing its predecessor's lifetime total of 22 million units sold.

The series is also trending upward, as Activision said the total number of unique online gamers in Black Ops' first eight months has surpassed that of its predecessor, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, by 30 percent. The next installment in the series could be even more successful, as Activision said that preorders for this November's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are significantly higher now than they were for Black Ops at the comparable point in that game's development. Finally, the publisher confirmed that it is still working on bringing a microtransaction-driven installment in the Call of Duty franchise to gamers in China.
Back to top Go down
https://gamershub.forumotion.com
gammerthumbs
Admin
Admin
gammerthumbs

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23   Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Saw that on FB. Are you all getting this? I really doubt if I do. I have W@W to play zombies on. the zombies on W@W is still good but Multiplayer is hacked something horrible.
Back to top Go down
SRT Speed Racer
Admin
Admin
SRT Speed Racer

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23   Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:58 pm

I'll be getting it but since I bought the hardened edition it sounds like it will be free. Free = Good!
Back to top Go down
gammerthumbs
Admin
Admin
gammerthumbs

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23   Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:22 pm

I didnt get any of the other versions. The inclusion of the old Map Packs does sound good as I don't have w@w for xbox but for ps3. But with MW3 around the corner so I don't know what ill do.

Tried the alpha for BF3 but on pc but it wouldn't load right but I am considering IF BF3 is anything like COD I might go for it instead.
Back to top Go down
SRT Speed Racer
Admin
Admin
SRT Speed Racer

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23   Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:43 pm

BF3 is looking real good. Especially with the new engine they have been touting!
Back to top Go down
PoohBud

PoohBud

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23   Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:31 pm

I'll pick this up because I wanted W@W for the zombies.

Oh just got the Brink download too...for free! Very Happy
I know the feeling of "free" too Speed.
Back to top Go down
gammerthumbs
Admin
Admin
gammerthumbs

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23   Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Yea BF3 is looking real good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23   Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Black Ops Resurrection DLC dropping August 23
Page 1 of 1