Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox and PS3 Gaming Community for adults 21 and over

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SRT Speed Racer
Admin
Admin
SRT Speed Racer

Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon' Empty
PostSubject: Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon'   Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon' I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:12 am

New $5 map pack for THQ's near-future shooter brings two new maps first to Xbox Live; PlayStation 3 and PC release info not offered.

Last month, THQ shuttered Homefront developer Kaos Studios, shifting work on the franchise to the publisher's Montreal arm. Though the game's original developer is no more, the title itself is living on with new downloadable content called The Rock.

THQ sent word today that the new content will arrive first on Xbox Live at a to-be-announced date in the future. It will be part of THQ's agreement with Microsoft that sees Homefront map packs arrive first for the Xbox 360. THQ did not offer a more precise release date other than "soon," and the publisher also did not indicate if or when it plans to release The Rock on the PlayStation 3 or PC.

As for the content, The Rock bears a 400 Microsoft point price tag ($5) and includes two new maps: Alcatraz and Bridge. Alcatraz takes place inside the San Francisco Bay's iconic island prison and will offer gamers close-quarter combat.

As for Bridge, that map has players battling near the North Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge and the surrounding area. In addition to the new maps, THQ said that new Team Deathmatch areas Waterway and Overpass will be included in the DLC.

Source
Back to top Go down
https://gamershub.forumotion.com
gammerthumbs
Admin
Admin
gammerthumbs

PostSubject: Re: Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon'   Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon' I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:54 am

Sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
SRT Speed Racer
Admin
Admin
SRT Speed Racer

PostSubject: Re: Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon'   Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon' I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 pm

I didn't find Homefront to be as bad as most people did. The biggest gripe I had was the server issues/glitches when the game first came out. Most of that has been sorted now I believe.
Back to top Go down
https://gamershub.forumotion.com
gammerthumbs
Admin
Admin
gammerthumbs

PostSubject: Re: Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon'   Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon' I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:05 am

SRT Speed Racer wrote:
I didn't find Homefront to be as bad as most people did. The biggest gripe I had was the server issues/glitches when the game first came out. Most of that has been sorted now I believe.

I asked my wife to buy it and figured she was buying the xbox version but she got me the ps3 version instead.

For the first month it constantly froze my ps3 system up. But after its been cleaned up with patches for the game. its not a bad game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon'   Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homefront The Rock DLC hitting XBL 'soon'
Page 1 of 1