Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox and PS3 Gaming Community for adults 21 and over

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SRT Speed Racer
Admin
Admin
SRT Speed Racer

Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012? Empty
PostSubject: Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012?   Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 pm

More industry chatter indicates Microsoft will offer first word on the Xbox 360's successor during next year's gaming event.

Source: Tech blog BGR.

What we heard: Not a week after the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo concluded, the rumor mill began to churn on next year's show. Namely, VideoGamer.com reported that it had heard from a senior Crytek development source that the German studio would unveil a new installment in the Timesplitters franchise alongside Microsoft's next Xbox at E3 2012.

Crytek has since distanced itself from those rumors, but a new report indicates that Microsoft does indeed plan to debut the Xbox 360's successor next June. BGR reports today that it has received word from a source with knowledge of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division that the company will unveil the next Xbox at E3 2012.

Unfortunately, BGR's source had no other information on Microsoft's plans, including when the device will launch. However, the individual did tell the tech site that Microsoft has been working on the device since 2006. Microsoft launched the Xbox 360 in November 2005, and it has gone on to sell nearly 55 million units worldwide.

While Microsoft has been tight lipped on the next Xbox through official channels, it has at least indicated through other means that a new device is in the works. Earlier this year, the publisher posted a spate of job listings to fill out a team "responsible for defining and delivering next generation console architectures from conception through implementation."

The official story: Microsoft had not responded to a request for comment as of press time.

Bogus or not bogus: Microsoft isn't likely to offer any word on its next Xbox until it is good and ready. However, given the growing body of rumors, an E3 2012 reveal is looking increasingly likely.
Back to top Go down
https://gamershub.forumotion.com
gammerthumbs
Admin
Admin
gammerthumbs

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012?   Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 pm

True MS wont say anything till next years E3
Back to top Go down
PoohBud

PoohBud

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012?   Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:59 pm

There better be a Rumble Roses for that one! Believe it or not... that was the reason I bought the 360 to begin with. I saw the graphics on it and feinted. I had it for the PS2 and liked it. The 360 was it! Yeah I'm a bit of a CG girl fan. (perv) What can I say! "Fire it up!, Fire it up!" haha that was Skank from The Crow movie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gammerthumbs
Admin
Admin
gammerthumbs

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012?   Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:28 am

I have never heard of that game till now Pooh, looked pretty sweet back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012?   Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Xbox reveal due by E3 2012?
Page 1 of 1